Sunday, February 22, 2009

Saturday's Workshop

We had an awesome time Saturday at my workshop with 13 ladies having a great time!

Our first make and take was this cute little box I learned on the January 18, 2009, blog entry by Karen Graff-Povis at www.stampwithkarengp.blogspot.com/. This is the side view of the box.

This is the top view of the box made with SU's Top Note Die, Whisper White, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point cardstock, Tempting Turquoise ink and grosgrain ribbon, the 5-petal flower punch and the SAB stamp set, Yummy. In the workshop, we ended up using the 1/2" circle punch in YoYo Yellow for center of flower.

Our second make and take was this card using Basic Black and YoYo Yellow cardstock, the butterfly from Pretty Amazing, the flowers from Polka Dot Punches and the 5-petal punch and the greeting from Heard from the Heart. My scanner kind of washed it out. Much brighter IRL! We fussy cut the butterfly out, bent up his wings and attached him with a bit of Dimensional over a butterfly stamped on the card. We then drew a little trail. We lifted up the petals on the punched out flowers, too, after adhering flowers to front with Dimensionals. Got a lot of use out of the 5-petal punch!

Last but not least, this cutie was made with SU punches, a Leprechaun modified from the Santa Claus by Samantha Parisi and shown on her blog, http://www.rubberstampingdiva.com/. She has a slight problem covering up her instructions with pics, but here's her directions: "It was just too easy to adapt the Punch Art Santa to a Punch Art Leprechaun! He’s basically the same concept…the face is smaller (1-1/4" Circle Punch) and for the moustache: I punched a 1" Circle, and feed this back into the 5-Petal Flower Punch (just like I do the hair for the Cheerleaders!) His hat is half of the Keytag Punch with the Word Window Punch as the brim. A little ribbon and a square of gold cardstock, complete his ensemble. I did add ears this time…it seems to me that with all that gold to guard, a leprechaun would need to have excellent hearing…again, I used the Word Window Punch. " You can go to her blog and see her pictures. She's a whiz with punches and my hostess wanted me to play with punches at her workshop. I didn't have the Keytag Punch, so just made my hat with a circle punched out and cut down to shape of hat. The card was made with the Leprechaun and the Scalloped Border punch, with holes punched along the edge sorta kinda like a new Eyelet Border Punch wannabe and the Good Luck from Sincere Salutations was punched on the Large Oval punch, then two orange ones were punched out and adhered under the white one. I only have the one size, so I made do to get the layered look. The round Leprechaun was punched out and then layered on a mint patty. St. Paddy never had it so good! Contrary to the photo, the colors on both Leprechauns were Handsome Hunter, Pink Pirouhette, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and shiny gold.
This next photo shows both tables with me standing up in the back. Glad I brought two of most things!
Pam and Pat are deep in discussing something vitally important.

Last pic, we are all done with make and takes and Maureen and Edie are making decisions, decisions!

Everybody had a good time and lots of free SAB sets were earned! Special thanks to my "staff," Helen and Pam, without whom everything wouldn't have run nearly as smooth nor would we have been completely done and on the way home by 5:00! You ladies rocked!
Thanks for stopping by!

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Deelite said...

Wow, do I love your make and take box! Sounds like a good time was had by all, and lots of fun SAB sets earned. Good job, my friend.

~* Tracy *~ said...

don't know what bad blogger did to my earlier comment.
Love seeing all your creations. That little leprechaun is great. And the top note box is just wonderful. I can't wait until that top note die is available down under.
~Tracy