Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Creative Images Meeting

Last Wednesday’s stamp club meeting had good participation and lots of things going on.  We had our “Bicycle” exchange cards, challenges and an early Christmas card project.  It had been planned for November, but Jeannie and I switched months.  So, here goes.  For details, click on a pic, then click back to return.

First is Therese’s antique bicycle, matching the one stamped behind it.  This black die cut bike was popular this month.

Ex-Therese

Ella’s good times combined red honeycomb embossing with hexagons punched out of bicycle DSP.

Ex-Ella

Genny pieced an interesting embossed bg under her large Top Note diecut before stamping her bike on there.

Ex-Genny 

Here’s Jeannie’s really bright birthday card with lots of details with the antique bike die cut.

Ex-Jeannie

Here’s my black and white version with the antique bike that Jeannie die cut for me a while back. 

Ex-Kathy

Pat R. made this cute little bike card with a nice sentiment about happiness being “a way of travel, not a destination.”

Ex-Pat R

Tange glittered up her bike die cut and used her favorite sentiment, LLL. 

Ex-Tange

Here’s the four entries in our challenge to do something with either a small lunch box or Cricut package.  First, is Therese’s mermaid treasure box to keep favorite things, covered with seashells. 

Chall-Therese  

Next is Pat R.’s Christmas box which opens to a really special scene of a fussy cut Christmas Tree and presents and Santa through the die cut window.

Chall-Pat R AChall-Pat R B

Pat J. made this darling little birdhouse with lots of fussy cutting.  Love the tiny sparrows.  Pat cut the roof line off her Cricut box with an exacto knife! 

Chall-Pat J

Last, but not least, Tange made this sewing collage in lovely Fall colors with lots of details, including the die cut scissors she made a bunch of to give away.  Thinking outside the box, Tange only used the lid of her lunch box.

Chall-Tange

Pat R. won first place, Therese second, Pat J. third and Tange fourth.  We voted to award a fourth prize, same amount as third, as so much work went into all of them.

My project was a bendy card, from a tutorial by Emma Fewkes, here.  All the pieces except the base and snowbanks were done with my Cricut.  The Christmas Noel cartridge has everything but the deer which were on the Wildlife cartridge (thanks, Pat J, for loaning them to me).  A lot of detail, but everyone finished it as it was easier than it looked.

Kathy's project 1Kathy's project 2  

Even Jeannie finished her card!

Project-Jeannie

This is the bendy card I made back in July and kept as a sample for this project. 

S&T Kathy

I saw this butterfly tree at My Favorite Things shop in Eustis.  Hmmm, I thought.  Could be a nice project for January’s stamp camp,with punched flowers or, hey, snowflakes!  Ta daaaa.  That’s a little candle stand under my tree.

Proposed-Butterfly Tree Proposed-Snowflake Tree

I found another piece of the blue snowflake DSP and another snowflake punch, so my final version will have less white showing.  Took hours to make, but larger butterflies or flowers would be quicker. 

Pat R. made me this lovely trip-tych birthday card.

My BD-Pat R 

Genny pieced this cute little owl for me.

My BD-Genny

Pat J. made me this colored card with my birth flower, the Calendula, although she didn’t know she did!  I looked it up.  here.  Pretty close!

My BD-Pat J

My sister sent me this bright pot of flowers for my birthday.

My BD-Betsy

Finally, Genny brought in this cute card for show and tell.  That SU owl punch gets around!

S & T-Genny

That’s it for this month’s meeting.  Looking forward to next month’s meeting when the exchange theme is “Angels.”

Thanks for stopping by.  Comments always welcome.

(-: .·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cards and boxes were just amazing...some of my favorites yet. You girls are full of talent.
Ginger