Monday, August 31, 2009

Sweet, Cold and Cuddly!

Had a chance to stamp last week.  Everything is too fiddly for a workshop, but I got to use some new stuff.  SU came out with some cool Halloween and wintery stuff in the new Holiday Mini.  Sweet Vivian, my upline, loaned me her Cold and Cuddly set (among other things I have yet to play with) and I bought the Sweet Centers for myself.  First up, my cute little polar bear.  Lots of fussy cutting, one of my favorite things. 

 Cold and Cuddly bear

Then, here’s my cute little pekwin, as my Aussy buddy calls penguins.  Both cards use Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy and Brilliant Blue cardstocks and Brilliant Blue and Real Red inks.   Popped up lots of stuff with Dimensionals.

Cold and Cuddly Pekwin

It took me a while to make this Sweet Centers shaker card.  Had to wait for my 1 3/4” circle punch, then I had to find some confetti to put under the window sheet.  Found the bats and pumpkins at the Party Palace.  Sentiment is from new Grateful Greetings.  Black embossed everything and mounted it on a panel I used my spiral punch on for interest. Cardstocks are Basic Black and new In Colors Crushed Curry and Rich Razzleberry.  I’ll be playing with this set some more as I got some of the sweet cups to put candies in that fit in the center.   Not real sure about the candy thing.  Who wants to destroy a cute card to get at a handful of candy corn?  LOL

Sweet Halloween 1

Thanks for visiting!

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸.·´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

5 comments:

~* Tracy *~ said...

Gorgeous cards, Miss Kathy. Adore the cute little pekwin (surprise, surprise!).

The shaker card looks awesome with those tiny punkins in it :)

Thank you for sharing

Vivian Swain said...

Very cute cards. I am so glad you were able to come up with great ideas.

Vivian Swain

Deelite said...

Your bear and penguin cards are so much fun. Love those colors together. The confetti that you found is just perfect for your halloween design. I love how you used the border punch, it really made the little window pop!

Pam said...

That Halloween Card is definately a "me likee" Just love everything about it. Border punch really added that "special something".

Allison Rankin said...

Love these Christmas-y cards with that new SU! stamp set...so cute and fun!