Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Agave Plant

Just down the road from my house is this huge agave plant. We've lived here almost 4 years and this year is the first time it did this! Looks like a giant asparagus spear! Took this picture on May 3.

The giant spear started putting out little feelers a couple days ago and I took this picture last night. Will definitely be keeping my eye on it. I looked up the plant in a reference book at library and it said "spiny green plant, sharp tips, blooms occasionally." Yeah, like every few years.

Thanks for stopping by.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

1 comment:

~* Tracy *~ said...

Brett thinks that plant only flowers every 20 years! Well, I think it just looks weird. You will have to post a pic of it when it flowers.