Thursday, September 24, 2015

September Creative Images Meeting

We had our meeting on September 9 and since I’ve slept since then, let’s hope I can manage to blog them sensibly.  I did process the pics, i.e., resize and rename them, a couple weeks ago with a little help from Pat R, so we should be okay.  Our theme was Autumn, challenges were due and Jeannie had the project, color burst water coloring.  So, here goes.  Everybody that brought in an exchange card, did great Fall submissions. We owe a quarter if we don’t have an exchange, but Pat J got a pass for her really good excuse!  Her house burned up! Sorry, Pat, I couldn’t help it.

First up, Cheryl B’s cute little House Mouse flying away on a Fall leaf. 

Ex-Cheryl B

Cheryl M (more on her later!) made this little row of pumpkins for a good Fall birthday card.

Ex-Cheryl M

Ella did this fallen leaf with lots of texture by dry embossing.

Ex-Ella

Jeannie sort of had the same idea as Ella with her diamond shapes.

Ex-Jeannie

My card on the left is a CASE of Cheryl M’s swap from a couple months ago.  I really loved her card, obviously!  Pat R made this darling shaker card with tiny leaves flying around.

Ex-KathyEx-Pat R

Therese didn’t do a card, but she brought in this cute Halloween treat bag for her exchange.

Ex-Therese

Next we voted on our challenge entries.  Too bad we had no fourth prize, as we had four entries!  I was amazed at all of them. The challenge was to do something with a Cricut cartridge box, a little oar, and some paint chips.  I had absolutely no idea what to do, so didn’t.  First is Cheryl B’s outside and inside, a little jewelry box. Be sure and click on each pic for details, then back to return.

Challenge Cheryl B 1Challenge Cheryl B 2

Next is Cheryl M’s box with a pretty snowy scene on the outside and inside was a little Christmas in the snow and woods.  Her oar was what held the box open.

Challenge Cheryl M 1Challenge Cheryl M 2

This was Pat R’s box with a door and wreath on the outside.  I love her mail slot!  Inside is a window on Fall and a doggie in the recliner looking out the window.  I think Pat R won first prize.

Challenge-Pat R 1

Challenge Pat R 2

Here is Therese’s challenge with butterflies and flowers.

Challenge Therese

I’m sorry, but I don’t remember who won second and third prize.  Slept since then.

Jeannie showed us a new watercolor technique she found at Stampfest using a very intense finely powdered medium.  Here are pictures of her samples.

Project Sample 1Project Sample 2

Project Sample 3Project Sample 4

The leftover powder on your palette can be used to die ribbon, etc.

Project Sample 5

Cheryl M shared with us her news that she and her man of 40 plus years were getting married in the new year!  Here’s her engagement ring.  Best wishes to both!

IMG_0801

Finally, because I can, here’s a teaser on what I’ve been so busy with for last week or so.  Getting ready for a Stampin’ Up workshop at Pam’s this Saturday.  The snow be getting deep in Ocala!

Snowflake teaser

Will post pics after the workshop to show you all what I did with all these snowflakes and the gold embossed ones not shown here.  I have silver and gold glitter everywhere!

That’s all for now.  See you in October.  Comments always welcome.

(-: .·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

1 comment:

Deelite said...

Ladies, I really enjoyed all of your fall cards. Fall is my favorite time of year, so I loved seeing what, you all came you with. I really enjoyed Jeannies technique and would love to learn more about it.
Can't wait to see what Kathy does with all of those beautiful snowflakes. I sure hope I get one of whatever she makes with them. I love sparkle and embossing.