Sunday, August 16, 2015

August Creative Images Meeting

We had a small turnout for our meeting last Wednesday, but we still had fun.  Cheryl B had to back out of doing her project for health reasons, so I volunteered to bring in one of my Paper Pumpkin projects that I had bought a refill kit for.  This was the PP for December 2014.  First we did our exchange cards with the theme of Vintage/Shabby Chic.  Click on any pic to enlarge, then back to return.

I had no idea what shabby chic actually was, but these first two ladies apparently knew!  First is Ella’s pink feathered explosion (she named it).  Next is Pat R’s collage arrangements of butterflies, pearls, doily, flowers . . .  Both perfectly shabby chic!

Ex-ElleEx-Pat R 

Jeannie went for vintage and shabby chic, with a Roaring Twenties lady behind net and embellished with ribbons and flowers.  Mine is definitely vintage, two stylish ladies taking a walk on the Seine in Paris.  My sister said they look like ladies out of Downton Abbey!

Ex-JeannieEx-Kathy

Pam made this lovely embellished fan out of a folded doily and added ribbon, borders, embossing, flowers . . .

Ex-Pam

My project was made with the shaker card PP.  I had enough spare parts that each lady got to make what they wanted, birthday cards!  Pam had her own PP kit, so she just helped with her stamps and ink spot.  I only took a picture of the thank you shaker card I made.

Shaker Card Project 

For show and tell,I also brought in another card from a PP kit I had made before, Thanks a Latte.  The kit had everything in it, including the paperclip with the bow already on it.

Thanks a Latte

At my request, Pat J brought in two cards for show and tell that she had recently made for her online group.  Here are pics of the outside and the inside of each card.  The first has a diamond fold and could stand up.

Pat J S & T1APat J S & T1B

The second has 3-D gifts inside.

Pat J S & T2APat J S & T2B

That’s it for this month.  See you in September.  Comments always welcome.

(-: .·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

1 comment:

Deelite said...

Ladies, you have outdone yourselves again. Lovely chic cards, and Kathy was so great to bring her Paper pumpkins for everyone to play with. I get mine monthly, and really look forward to it now.
Misty