Monday, July 28, 2014

Deland Road Trip Part 1

I got an e-mail from my favorite shop in Deland, the Quilt Shop of Deland, here. It told about a quilt show at the Stetson Mansion and gave a link on how to reserve a spot on a tour.  So, I did, and Pam and I made the drive to Deland on Saturday.  Our first stop was the Quilt Shop where we both had a hard time not spending a fortune on a new technique we both loved.  Maybe some other time, but here are some pics of the chenille tool, purse and quilts.  Click on any pic for details, then back to return.  You sew narrow seams on multiple layers of fabric, then slice through one layer at a time with the nifty rotary cutter with its little guide.  It looks like old-timey chenille.  This is the tool and the purse available in a kit.

QSD-Chenille purse

Here are close-ups of a sunflower and hydrangea quilt.

QSD-Cehnille sunflowersQSD-Chenille hydrangeas 

Judy Hanson is the owner of the shop and she designs fabrics and quilts, like the owl quilt shown here.  My Aussie Buddy loves owls and is starting to get into quilting. 

QSD Owls

One of the shop ladies worked up this postage stamp quilted wall hanging of the Stetson Mansion.  I bought the panel to try to make my own some day.

SM-Mansion Quilt

This cute little yoyo sewing basket/pin cushion and candle holder have a kit at the shop and I bought it so I could make a candle holder with some of the Christmas fabric I have to put into a Longaberger button basket.  Some day!

QSD-Yoyo sewing basketQSD-Candle Holder

That’s it for the quilt shop.  We had lunch at Parker’s Restaurant just around the corner from the quilt shop, really great hamburgers.  Now, I’ll do the Stetson Mansion.  Thanks for stopping by.

(-: .·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Deelite said...

Well darn, I posted on the wrong part. Anyway the mansion looked fabulous, and your pics of the quilts were wonderful. So glad you were able to out run the storm. Did you say who drove? Almost felt like I made the trip too.

~* Tracy *~ said...

oh! I could go crazy in that quilt shop! So wonderful