Monday, October 4, 2010

Angela’s Crop

I’m not a scrapper, but I was invited to a crop by Tange to demonstrate my Big Shot and do a make and take. Angela’s house in Summerfield is huge and to die for! It is called White Rose Plantation and has its own website here. {Just to make sure, ya'll do know that when I type "here" and it is in a different color, that is a live link, right?} You can see how this great house was constructed and how it looks today! Lots of room for 10+ scrappers to spread out between the dining room, foyer and living room. Here’s a few pics I took before

Before with Gale

and during the crop. Click on any pic to see it bigger.

During 2

Gale during

Yep, that’s Gale! Kelly had this nifty drink holder, trash container. Gotta find me one of these!

Kelly's nifty tool

This is Terry’s little boy. I never caught his name, but he wore the cutest little bib during lunch – a camo print with “Major Trouble” on the front. Love it! He was no trouble at all, talking to and entertaining himself with a bag of Cheetos and his toys. He zonked out for a nap after lunch!

Terry's boy

This is the little 6 x 6 make and take page I put together using printed letters which I fussy cut and colored and the four leaf shapes that come on the Leaves 2 Bigz die for the Big Shot. I sponged the edges of the leaves, curled the tips over a bone folder and drew veins on with a Versamark pen.

Fall page

I made some drawing prizes for this workshop and another I am doing later this month. This little candy bar holder can be found on Angie Juda’s Chic ‘n Scratch blog here. {This is another live link!} Look at her Sept. 29 post. Today, Oct. 4, she posted her video tutorial on how to make these. Prizes

I made a belly band with the Haunting Wheel and wrapped it around a film-strip punched orange layer. The two ladies who won them were really happy.

Angela’s Dad made lasagna as our main course at lunch and everyone else brought yummy dishes, appetizers, salads. I brought dessert and everyone wanted the recipe. I’ve had this recipe for almost 30 years, given to me by my sister from Minnesota. Whenever any of her friends bring this dessert to a potluck, someone would say, “OMG, you brought Redford!” I told the ladies at Angela’s I would put the recipe here:

The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford

First layer:

1 Cup Flour

1 Cup finely chopped pecans

½ Cup butter, melted

Mix flour, butter and pecans till crumb like. Press into bottom of 9” x 13” pan and bake 25 minutes at 325 degrees until golden brown. Cool.

Second layer:

1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened

1 Cup powdered sugar

½ of an 8 oz. container of Cool Whip (I used light as if that would make this less fattening! LOL)

Beat well and spread over cooled crust

Third layer:

1 large package of chocolate pudding (butterscotch, banana cream and lemon also work great)

1 large package of vanilla pudding

4 Cups cold milk

¼ Cup powdered sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

Mix until smooth and thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer

Fourth layer:

Spread last half of Cool Whip over pudding layer. Sprinkle with grated chocolate bar. Refrigerate until chilled.

Thanks for stopping by. Comments always welcome!

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸.·´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Deelite said...

Oh boy am I sorry I live in Misery after reading this. What a wonderful potluck and demo too. I love those candy bar holders and your scrapbook FALL page. Really like how you made those leaves pop. I bet all of these ladies were so happy they invited you. I am sure they were after they had your dessert! I love it, but in MO we call it 4 layer delight. I like your name much better. Terry's house was lovely and her son looks like he behaves really well for mama. I like that big "Major Trouble"! I wish I could have tasted her dad's lasagna. I bet the potluck alone was just the best!
Thanks Kathy for taking pics at the crop. It is so much fun being able to view all the great stuff you do. I really enjoy the pictures!

ECAngela said...

What a wonderful summary to a wonderful day! Thank you for all of your help, including the make & take, the demonstration, and the to die for dessert! I hope you can join us again!!!