Monday, June 1, 2009

May 31 Workshop!

Had a great workshop Sunday afternoon where we made two nice make and take cards and a cute little bookmark with punches.

My first picture is the Wow watercoloring technique taught at the Stampin' Up Regionals in Seattle and found all over the place on stamping blogs. The first place I saw it was at a doctor named Lynda's blog here: http://stampingdoc.blogspot.com/, specifically her May 10 post. For this card I used Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red and Shimmery White cardstocks. I embossed the Fifth Avenue Rose on Shimmery White, then did the watercolor technique Lynda explained much better than I could. I finished this off with the Little Leaves Sizzlet (cut into three pieces), sentiments from Oval All, stamped in Riding Hood Red on Whisper White CS and punched out with the Large Oval punch and in Craft Whisper White on Riding Hood Red CS and punched out with the Scalloped Oval punch. The ribbon is the new Organza ribbon. It was fun watching the ladies play with the reinker and watercolor brushes and they all turned out gorgeous! Different, every one!

I wanted a snazzy hostess gift, so I tried out the flower pot I saw in a video tutorial at Amy Celona's blog: http://ustamp4fun.com/flowerpot-accordion-card/. I messed around with Amy's pot, making it bigger and changing the shape of the top, but essentially, it is the same.

This is what the inside of my card looks like, before I put the thank you from Oval All in the bottom left corner, layered with the large and scalloped oval punches. Totally CASE'd Amy's flowers and layout, though I did make the accordian a little different (same color as the pot and narrower). When I opened the pot, there was a gasp from all the ladies and my hostess was blown away when I gave it to her. I love 2-step stamping with Rose is a Rose and fussy cutting. Can you tell?

This is a sample I made with Nature's Silhouettes using a brayer on glossy cardstock with Not Quite Navy ink. I used a 1/2" circle as my mask for a moon. Happy Father's Day was from All Holidays.

This is what we made as our second make and take. Very simple card made with Upsy Daisy with Whisper White and Old Olive cardstocks, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip inks and the 1" Chocolate Chip double-stiched grosgrain ribbon. CASE'd this idea from Andrea Bowden's gift box of cards in the Papercrafts Magazine on sale now with 225 cards and gifts. Andrea's card was square, simply stamped on white cardstock. She had a bunch of the cards in a gift box with a clear acetate lid, tied up with 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. I liked the look, but put my ribbon around an Old Olive layer before mounting it on a white card base. It was very simple and the ladies loved it.

Last, but not least, I surprised the ladies with this little guy. I kept what we were making a surprise until everyone had all of his pieces in front of them. When I took out my sample, everyone at the table let out a collective "Awwwwwwww!" We assembled him, drew on his face, stuck him together with pop up glue dots around the big paper clip and ta daaaaaa! I got the instructions from Angie Juda's blog, Chic' n Scratch, specifically her May 21, 2009, Stampin' Academy, here: http://www.chicnscratch.typepad.com/stampinacademy/. She has some really cute animals made with punches, most recently the little hippo. This paperclip would look great on the front of a card, slipped into a little pocket as a handmade gift.

Thanks for stopping by. Next Monday is my stamp club meeting, so I'll have more then. No big changes on the agave plant, but it should be blooming good in a few days.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

3 comments:

~* Tracy *~ said...

wow, absolutely stunning cards! Love them. Lots of special wow's in there :) esp. love mr bear!

Deelite said...

Loverly cards, my friend. What a wonderful workshop that would have been to attend. Maybe someday, someway.

Vivian Swain said...

Super great cards and projects. I wish I was in better health to come to one of your workshops.

Vivan Swain