Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Creative Images Stamp Camp

Boy, howdy, has it been a long couple of months.  Lots of things happened since beginning of December, not the least of which was being sick for weeks, which pretty much ruined Christmas.  We went to Alabama for a week and finished up with Russel’s company party.  After that, everything went down hill fast.  It’s a good thing we put the tree up before we left, or it would never have gotten up.  Like Forrest, I’ll say that’s all I’m gonna say about that. 

Christmas is over, there was no Creative Images meeting/party in December, and I am now getting back in the saddle with my blog.  This last weekend, we had our January stamp camp, followed immediately by Jeannie, Helen and I going to a Sale-a-Bration Celebration put on by Stampin’ Up in Orlando.  Lots of pics, lots of fun.  I’ll start with the Stamp Camp and work on the SAB Celebration another day.

My nephew’s wife, Shana, asked me what a stamp camp is.  I told her I’d write all about it in my blog, so here goes.  Our stamp club, Creative Images, figures out which of several projects we would like to work on that take longer than we could do during our monthly meeting.  The members decided to go with Jeannie and Therese’s photo-transfer to canvas and Tange’s Artist Trading Card (ATC) memory box.  We also had our business meeting, nominating officers, planning the calendar, did our card exchange (left over from December) and had our Chinese gift exchange.  Busy day. 

First up, pictures of Jeannie’s and Therese’s samples.  They had taken laser color copies of photos, adhered them to canvas with a medium of some kind, I forget, rubbed off the paper, let it dry and attached the canvas to cards.  Click on a picture to see details, then back to return.  I love the glittery sand and shell on the first one.

Jeannie's Sample 4

Jeannie Sample 3 Jeannie sample 1

Jeannie Sample 2 

I didn’t finish mine as it wasn’t drying fast enough.  Hope to finish it this weekend and put proper pictures on here.

Next we worked on Tange’s ATC memory box.  Tange and the club provided the boxes that hold 12 ATC’s.  Here are pics of two of Tange’s finished ones and one in progress to see how it’s done.  Again, click on the pics to see details, then back.

 Tange Sample 1 Tange Sample 2 Tange Sample 3

Before I had seen Tange’s red and black sample, I had decided on a black and white theme for my box.  I cut black rectangles to fit in the spaces, then slightly smaller pieces of designer papers, all different.  Tange went through her trinket box and we pulled out lots of little things.  I decided to add a couple of touches of red to make it pop.  A couple of brass things like the butterfly and clock I am going to paint white.  Here’s a pic of the basic idea.

Kathy ATC Box

For show and tell, Ella brought in her 12 days of Santa ATC memory box.  So cute!

Ella 12 Days

We had five exchange cards, theme “Glittering Good Time.” First up is Lona’s.  Hard to see the glittery snow on the trees.

Ex-Lona

Ella had glittery champagne glasses!

Ex-Ella

Herman had glittery leaves, much prettier in real life.

Ex-Herman

Jeannie’s snowman card has glitter all over it.

Ex-Jeannie

My poinsettia stickers had glitter on them.

Ex-Kathy

Here’s Jeannie hard at work on her ATC’s.

Jeannie

Here’s a pretty card Jeannie made from an ATC with fussy-cut ladies on it.

Jeannie ATC card

Here’s Therese passing out spoon/names for the exchange to Lona and Herman . . .

Lona Therese and Herman

. . . and Ella and Tange.

Therese Ella and Tange

That’s it till I do the SAB Celebration.  Thanks for stopping by.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

1 comment:

~* Tracy *~ said...

I really need to get all my craft stuff out and get my stamping mojo back!
The photo transfers are really clever. I think the seashell one is my favourite too.
I'd love to attempt one of those ATC memory boxes too. Just love the black and white one. And the little pops of red you've picked for yours are perfect.
Looks like you all had a wonderful time :)