Friday, October 26, 2012

October Stamp Club

Busy, busy is the Beaver.  Can’t believe I actually said that!  Also had severe case of lackawanna, but finally got all my pictures from last couple of weeks processed and ready to blog.  Our good friends Misty and Bob are in Florida from St. Louis and we’ll see them at least one more time before they head home before Thanksgiving.  I also need to send Tange some notes on the meeting.

The exchange theme for October was was “A Stitch in Time.”  Most of the cards had some stitching of some sort, or a sewing theme.  My favorite was Herman’s.  He layered this lovely collage and stuck a threaded needle through a clock.  Way cool!

Ex-Herman

Ella did this fashionable card with thread, pins, sewing machine, etc. 

Ex-Ella

Lona actually embroidered this pretty thank you card.

  Ex-Lona

Pam dug out a sewing machine to run a line of stitching through her punched out circles.

 Ex-Pam

Therese made this dress form with lots of dimension on a faux silk frame and also dug out her sewing machine.

Ex-Therese

This is my layered and fussy cut card with rows of faux stitching in white gel pen over the tiny holes made by a Dritz marking tool.

Ex-Kathy 

Three ladies brought in ATC’s and instead of waiting another month, they were divied up.  Former member Cheryl joined us and brought her spooky tree ATC’s.  I like the moon and owl’s yellow eyes.  Therese did the doll ATC she named “Bebe.”  Lots of interesting stuff in that one.

ATC-CherylATC-Therese  

Jeannie made this cute little giraffe ATC.  She used the same design on some invites to a baby shower.

ATC-Jeannie

I had the project for October.  Here are the bases I made getting the technique down right.

Project 3

Here’s my sample.  I made two others, but I can’t find the pics and don’t want to take even more time getting this done. 

Project 1

I was inspired to learn this technique by Dawn Griffith’s beautiful Easter card in her April 8, 2012, post.  It was turquoise, white and silver with lots of butterflies.  Gorgeous.  There’s a link to her post here.  Dawn had a link on her post to Frenchie’s stamps with a video tutorial.  I made my project based on that tutorial:  here.  Frenchie did another video tutorial here on two different ways to add designer papers to the card.  All are great.

I think everyone had a good time making the cascading card, especially Herman who loved the mechanics of how it went together.  On the left below is Jeannie’s almost finished card and Cheryl’s on the right. 

Project-Jeannie Project-Cheryl

I have more pics to share of a workshop at Pam’s and my visits with Misty and Bob, but it’s time to fix supper.  Thanks for stopping by.  Comments always welcome.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

No comments: