Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lace Ribbon Border Punch Tutorial

I ran across a beautiful card on Splitcoaststampers using the lace ribbon border punch.  That lead me to a video tutorial by Frenchie on her blog here.  Frenchie’s tute is informative (and I love listening to her) and it is full of good ideas.  I went over to Pam’s last Friday and we putzed around with the punch and I figured out a much easier way to do it.  Frenchie punches three times and was a little confusing on where to punch.  I only punch twice on each side.  I made four cards last night.  Here are two of them.

100_1716

My friend Dee in St. Louis loves the technique, but wanted me to splain to her how to do it the easy way.  So, I took some pictures and did a little tute.  Cut and score a piece of cardstock, 11 x 4 1/4”.  Insert CS in the punch with the score line lined up just to the edge of the punch as shown.  Punch.

First

Move CS to the left to match up the punched area to the guide on the punch till you can’t see any silver.  Make sure right side of CS is snug in the punch and punch.

Second

As Frenchie explained, the only way to make the two sides match is to turn the CS over before punching the next side.  The second side will be a little rougher, but it is still nice.  Repeat the two steps above.

Third

Fourth 

As Frenchie would say, “Voila.”

Final

Another major difference between mine and Frenchies card is that I inserted a 10 7/8” by 4 1/8” white piece of CS, scored in the middle.  It’s pretty to have the lace floating around like Frenchie has hers, but I don’t have any sentiment stamps that would fit under the center panel.  Writing in the card would also look funny through the lace.   

After I saw Frenchie’s tute, I saw a gorgeous card on SCS that steps it up even farther by BronJ, here.

Thanks for stopping by. Comments always welcome.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Thanks so much for directing me here to your tutorial. I saw an example and just figured it out ... we both punch the sides the same way - only two punches (Great minds think alike). I like your idea of putting white card stock behind the lace to hide the writing in the card or you could put a strip of card stock inside the card to match the middle layer so people know where to write. I love this technique on a card and am looking forward to trying it with other punches. I will provide a link on my blog back to here.

Deelite said...

Great instructions, and I have yet to try it, but I will, have much more success now that I have my own super easy fire. Ty my friend.

Deelite said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.