Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jeannie’s Workshop

My dear Miss Jeannie had a workshop for me on Saturday to close out the Occasions Mini and we had a great time, even though I was running on empty after getting home late Friday from a mini-vacation.  We still had a great time and made a couple of beautiful cards.

First, here’s a picture of an Easter card I made a couple of to give to Jeannie.  She really loved them.  I CASE’d the idea and layout from BWstamper here on Splitcoaststampers.   She used the dogwood branch from the Easter Blossom set and I used the wild rose branch from Elements of Style.  The tulip border embossing folder turned out great.

Elements of Style tulip border 

Our first make and take was the bisque pottery technique I learned from a video on Diana Gibbs’ blog here.  Di did hers with Crumb Cake, but I like the Baja Breeze, too.  I used the Engraved Greetings birthday sentiment and the Very Vanilla rosettes which are now, alas, sold out.  Di’s tutorial was perfect to learn this cool technique using a brayer, an embossing folder (I used Vintage Wallpaper), an ink pad and the Big Shot.

Engraved Greetings

Our second make and take I also CASE’d off of Diana’s blog.  She’s one of my favorites.  Can you tell?  She went to the SU Leadership Conference in January and a friend of hers received a prize that included a card made by our illustrious leader, Shelli.  Di put a picture on her January 18, 2011, post here.  I puzzled it out and managed to make a reasonable facsimile.  Must have been successful as the ladies all loved it.

Easter Blossoms

Here’s a couple pics of the ladies having a good time before we started and of Therese with a finished make and take.

Ladies 1.

Ladies 2 

I’m almost done processing and naming all the pics I took on our mini-vacation last week to Georgia and the Panhandle.  Lots of houses (mansions, really), roses and lighthouses, oh my!  Will be blogging those later. 

Thanks for stopping by. Comments always welcome.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

1 comment:

Deelite said...

It waa great workshop for sure. Those cards were so pretty, and I would have loved making them too. You have some great mentors on the internet.