Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pam’s SAB Workshop

It’s been a while since I last had a workshop. I’ve not been feeling well and lost my mojo for a while. Pam couldn’t let Sale-a-Bration go by without someone having a workshop, so she jumped in and made me find my mojo. I had received a lot of the Occasions and SAB sets for Christmas from my sweetie and finally got them out and actually did something with them. As a little bonus, Pam and her first two guests got to play with punches before we did the make and takes when more ladies arrived. First, we played with Therese’s Owl punch and the SAB set Punch Pals. With the addition of Little Leaves die and the Framed Tulips embossing folder, we made this little cutie with the googly eyes. We paper pieced his little waistcoat.

SAB Punch Pals

Pam wanted me to demonstrate the Build a Blossom set and punch, so the ladies got to stamp and punch enough petals and leaves to make a flower in the color of their choice. Here’s my sample.

Build a Blossom

For my first make and take after the rest of the ladies came, I was inspired by a card on Splitcoaststampers made by sharonstampsalot . I changed it a little bit, but basically CASE’d it to make this card with the Baby Blossoms set. Used the Framed Tulips border and Springtime Vintage DSP and the new Baja Breeze seam binding.

Baby Blossoms

I had to have the Easter Blossoms set in the Occasions mini so I would have the dogwood branch, but the little girl made a couple of pretty cards, too. First, I made this one, using Dawn Griffith’s gathered ribbon technique video 1/2" Seam Binding ribbon bow that she did on Jan. 28, 2011. I fussy cut the little girl and stamped off the dogwood on the inside so it would be paler than the sentiment. Looking at this up close, I have the DSP on upside down! Oops!

Easter Blossoms 1 Easter Blossoms 1b

My second make and take was CASE’d from Angie Juda’s Be my Valentine Trifold Card video tutorial that she did on January 4, 2011. I used the Easter Blossom girl again and the same dogwood branch and DSP as the above card to make this pretty card.

Easter Blossoms 2 Easter Blossoms 2b

I made these little party favors with the Lucky Shamrock stamp, “gold” coins and Pearson mint patties. Pearson still wraps their mints in foiled paper instead of putting them in little plastic/foil packages like York does now.

Lucky Shamrock favors

I made this post-it-note holder as a drawing prize that Connie won. I altered a $1 post-it holder from Michael’s.

SAB True Friend

Last, but not least, I was inspired by Diana Gibb’s Feb. 22, 2011, blog entry here to make this cheery hostess gift for Pam.

Pam's hostess gift

Everyone loved their make and takes, party favors and prize/gift, and a very good time was had by all.

Thanks for stopping by. Comments always welcome.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸.·´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Deelite said...

Well I for one am sooooo happy that you got your mojo back. I love coming to your blog to see the projects that you design for your workshops. I can't really say which thing I like the best, because this month you have so many wonderful ideas, I love them ALL. The gumdrop idea was just so dang cute. Of course the little owlie card would be right there at the top. But, what you have done with that dogwood branch really makes me want to order that set. Wish I could have been there to socialize with the ladies, not to mention make a card or 2 of your designs. I miss my Florida friend a lot!

~* Tracy *~ said...

absolutely gorgeous creations Miss Kathy. I love them all. I wish my mojo would come back half as good as yours has. The gumdrop flowers make me smile. You make me want to spend a lot of money on crafty things!!!