Thursday, December 18, 2008

Finally, Stamp Camp Pics!

Well, I finally got time to go through the 100+ pics on my poor overworked digital camera. I have three categories to post and here's the first bunch. My stamp club (not SU related) had its Christmas stamp camp on Dec. 6 at the community center where one of our members (thanks, Helen!) lives during the winter. I've had a busy couple of weeks and will be sharing pics of stuff I've made, the best of the pics I took while touring an ante-bellum mansion in Mobile, and these stamp camp pics.

First up is Cheryl's iris folding ornament exchange card.

Next is Dani's silver, black and white exchange card.

This is Genny's snowy red barn exchange card.

This is Jeannie's cheery birdie lineup exchange card.

This is the first five of ten cards I made from Pat's OSW project. It's not a true OSW, as Pat gave us pieces of lots of different designer papers and I added more myself, but they all follow same scheme and go in the cute tote purse Pat showed us how to make. My sister wanted a bunch of thank you cards, so she's getting ten!

Here's the other five cards. Pat used mostly non-SU CS and DSP, but I used a couple pieces of Au Chocolat, a lovely retired but not forgotten SU DSP. I changed the tote to use flower brads instead of the eyelets Pat used on hers.


This is the snowy skaters medallion I made for the exchange card. I used a nifty punch technique I learned from Splitcoast, snowflake embossed the main white layer, and did the glittery layer in a technique I've demonstrated at workshops and will do as the project with Helen for our club's January meeting.


This is a quickie pic of the six tags I got in the tag swap. Of the nine ladies who attended, only seven brought tags for the exchange. These are the six I received. Clockwise from the top, the angel with the folding body is Neva's, the blue tag with snowflake is Helen's, the poinsettia tag is Therese's, the plaid ribbon tag is Dani's and the snowy scene is Elle's.

This is a group shot of the six tags I made with mirror CS from Marco's Papers, cut out with scalloped Nesties, topped with the round tab punch and Real Red ribbon bows from SU, and snowflake stickers stuck on wherever.
This is Neva's exchange card with a family of bears off on a snowy road trip to bring home the tree!
This is Tange's Holiday Lineup exchange card. She says purple is her favorite color!
Here is Therese's sample of the project she did with alcohol inks on acetate. I haven't finished mine, but it is a cool technique.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My favorite is Therese's project with the alcohol inks and acetate. That is very very cool!

How about a tutorial? :-)

~* Tracy *~ said...

Lovely photos, Miss Kathy. You've all made wonderful items.
I have fixed this blog post for you, now it's all up the right way :)
hugs, Tracy

Cider said...

Thanks Kathy....I know posting all the pics is lots of work....just know you are very much appreciated by all. Everyone did a great job!

Kathynruss said...

On the pic of six swaps I got, I forgot to credit Tange's little snowman tag on top left. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Wow oh wow, what talented stampers you camp with LOL One of these cards is prettier then the other. The iris folding ornament is amazing!
Dee