Wednesday, June 4, 2014

May Creative Images Meeting

I was in Minnesota for my only sister’s only child’s wedding in early May and sick when I got home and unable to attend the meeting.  Pam took the pics for me and I got them resized and organized to blog them.  I have a new computer desk and did really good to find the thumb drive Pam had put the pics on, but no way I could find her list!  But her memory was good and we got them identified.

I’ve also been working on lots of pics of Matt’s wedding, the shower, the reception, etc.  I will get them blogged pretty soon.  For now, here’s the cards from the May exchange, theme a sketch card based on this:

Sketch plan

Comparing the sketch to the cards, everyone made a good stab at it.  First is Cheryl B’s cheerful birthday card.

Ex-Cheryl B

Then Jeannie’s retro ladies with fibers.

Ex-Jeannie

Pat J made this card to Celebrate.  I wonder if she made the background or used DSP?

Ex-Pat J

Pat R used her new stamps and punches to do these flowers on vellum.  I want to try this.

Ex-Pat R

Therese did this lovely flower card. 

Ex-Therese

Genny did May’s project, faux patina.  The first three are Genny’s samples and the last one is Pam’s finished card.

Sample 1sample 3

sample 2sample Pam's

Genny e-mailed the instructions and I am copying them here:

Instructions for faux patina technique

Choose embossing folder and stamp all over with a light brown stamp pad on the inside “written side”.

Take white or ivory color cardstock 4 ¼ by 5 ½ insert in folder and run through bigshot or cuttlebug. This step helps give card dimension.

Pick two blend able colored stamp pads. Any ink pads will do. Using the jumbo sponge daubers dab the light color here and there around half the card. Then take the darker color and fill in the white spots. Take the light color and go over the same light color but here and there blend into the darker color. That should create a third color. Keep doing that on until you achieve the effect you want.

VERY IMPORTANT! DRY CARD WITH HEAT GUN BEFORE CONTINUING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When thoroughly dry, take gorgeous grunge stampin’ up stamp( look up in catalog if you don’t have one) and stamp card using versa mark. Or use a similar background stamp. Dip in gold embossing powder and heat emboss.

Thanks, Genny.  I’m going to try this.  Pat J told Pam she’d help.  I hope so!

That’s it for May.  Theme for the exchange card in June is “Europe.” 

Thanks for stopping by. 

(-: .·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

No comments: